Partners for Our Children is pleased to partner with the Washington State Budget & Policy Center to host a follow-up to our Poverty & Child Welfare Forum that took place this past fall. Join us for a Forum on Poverty: The Impact on Children and Families on May 26th, 12:00-4:00 PM (Check-in at 11:30 AM) at Revelle Hall at the Navos Community Center in Burien. Light refreshments will be served.
In December 2015, Partners for Our Children hosted a forum that explored the connection between poverty and involvement in the child welfare system, addressed a few statewide responses and briefly touched on policy solutions. We heard from many of you that you want to better understand innovations happening across the state, as well as to answer the question: "what can we do?" That's why we're bringing you together again.
Speakers, moderators and panelists for the forum include:
- Lawrence Berger, MSW, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Elena Hernandez, Washington State Budget & Policy Center
- Alex Hur, Statewide Poverty Action Network
- Lew Moore, Washington State Research Council
- Mike Reichert, Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Siobhan Ring, Children’s Alliance
- Representative David Sawyer, 29th District
- David Stillman, Economic Services Administration
- Andi Smith, Governor Jay Inslee's Office
- Lauren Thomas, Hopelink
- Dee Wilson, formerly Casey Family Programs
- Representative Hans Zeiger, 25th District
UPDATE: If you were unable to join, please view the event video below.