Proposes the creation of a certified child safety policy that meets the minimum standards developed by the child safety certification provider that includes:
· Screening and selection of employees/volunteers
· Guidelines regarding interactions
· Monitoring behavior
· Ensuring safe environments
· Responses to inappropriate behavior
· Training about child sexual abuse prevention
The bill also certifies that youth recreational organizations are required to have a child safety policy in place that meets minimum standards.
A five-county pilot program should begin on July 1, 2020.
*Companion to SB 5161*