The Health Care Authority, in collaboration with the University of Washington, shall implement a Tele-behavioral health video call center called the Partnership Access Line (PAL). The PAL shall provide emergency department, primary care and correctional facility providers with access to psychiatric and substance use disorder clinical consultation for adult patients. Beginning in fiscal year 2021, PAL shall be available at all hours, and UW shall collect the data that are outlined, included data from the pilot PAL for Moms and Kids. A collaborative funding plan is outlined and the Tele-behavioral Health Access Account is created. The funding plan includes elements, such as:
- The HCA, in consultation with the University of WA Dept. of Psychiatry and behavioral sciences and any hospital that the UW collaborates with to administer the programs, shall determine the annual costs of operating each program, as well as the HCA’s costs for administering the programs.
- For each program, the HCA shall calculate the proportion of clients that are covered by programs administered pursuant to chapter 74.09 RCW, based on data collected by the UW Dept. of Psychiatry and behavioral sciences in coordination with any hospital that UW collaborates with to administer the programs.
- The HCA shall collect a proportional share of program costs from each of the following entities that are not under contract with the authority as Medicaid managed care organizations.
- The HCA may contract with a 3rd party administrator to calculate and administer the assessments of the entities identified in the bill.
Additionally, the Tele-behavioral health access account is created in the state treasury. All receipts from collections under section 4 of the act must be deposited into the account. Expenditures may only be used to support Tele-behavioral health programs identified.
- Codifies the implementation of the Psychiatry Consultation Line (PCL).
- Modifies data and reporting requirements for the Partnership Access Line (PAL), PCL, PAL for Moms, and PAL for Kids Referral and Assistance programs.
- Establishes a funding model for the PAL and PCL programs.
- Creates the Telebehavioral Health Access Account.
- Directs the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee to conduct a review of the PAL, PCL, PAL for Moms, and PAL for Kids Referral Assistance Service programs.