- PESB, in collaboration with EOGOAC, must identify and update a list of model standards for antiracism in addition to cultural competency.
- The definition for "cultural competency" is amended to include anti-racism standards, an equity framework, and culturally responsive instruction.
- Professional development regarding equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism is added to existing cultural competency training.
- WSSDA, in consultation with EOGOAC and other entities, must develop a recommended list of available training programs. The training programs must consider various races, ethnicities, religions, disabilities, sexualities, and genders. The training programs must instruct school board directors on dismantling institutional racism by examining school district policies with an equity lens, promoting racial literacy, understanding stereotype threat, and identifying disproportionate student outcomes by using district data.
- Beginning in the 2022-23 school year, WSSDA must provide ongoing training through the use of its association dues to school board members using a program from the recommended list.
- Subject to appropriations, OSPI, in collaboration with other entities, must add dismantling institutional racism to the content outline for professional development and training for school staff. The training program must include review of district data to identify disproportionate student outcomes and understanding of implicit bias and stereotype threat.
- Beginning with the 2022-23 school year and subject to appropriations, ESDs and school districts must use the content outline and training materials from the recommended list to provide job-embedded, ongoing training opportunities for classified staff, certificated instructional staff, certificated administrative staff, and the superintendent.
- The statute that strongly encourages certain districts identified for improvement to provide cultural competency professional development and training is repealed.