Proposes the creation of a certified child safety policy that meets the minimum standards developed by the child safety certification provider which includes:
- Screening and selection of employees/volunteers
- Guidelines regarding interactions
- Monitoring behavior
- Ensuring safe environments
- Responses to inappropriate behavior
- Training about child sexual abuse prevention
The bill also certifies that youth recreational organizations are required to have a child safety policy in place that meets minimum standards.
A five county pilot program should begin on July 1, 2020.
*Companion to HB 1140*