*Companion to HB 1393
SB 5432 includes a number of statutory changes related to implementation of behavioral health integration, such as:
· changes Behavioral Health Organization to Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization (BH-ASOs) and/or Managed Care Organization;
· changes mental health to behavioral health;
· rewords Children’s Metal Health Contracting to be more consistent with current purchasing;
· adds new language to address BH-ASOs and counties directly delivering services to increase transparency of contracting and funding of services;
· changes language from mental health professional to designated crisis responder; and
· de-codifies and repeals outdated language.