SB 6494 is the companion bill of HB 2439.
The bill was amended by the Human Services, Mental Health, & Housing committee in the following ways:
- The composition and requirements of the Work Group are changed. HCA and DSHS must report additional data relating to usage of mental health services by children. HCA must create a PAL Plus pilot program.
- JLARC must inventory mental health services models available to students and report its findings by October 31, 2016.
- Universal depression screening for children must be an annual service.
- The Legislature encourages the use of behavioral health therapies that are empirically supported and discourages the overuse of psychotropic medication for children and youth.
The bill was amended by the Ways & Means committee in the following ways:
- Removes the requirement for HCA to create a PAL Plus pilot program.
- Removes the requirement that depression screening be an annual covered service.
- Requires that the JLARC inventory of mental health services be completed within existing appropriations.