Today, the Children’s Bureau released Program Instruction on Division X, the Supporting Foster Youth and Families Act, which passed as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act. The attached PI covers:
- Temporary requirements for title IV-E agencies to allow youth over age 18 to remain in or re-enter foster care and suspension of the age and education/employment requirements for title IV-E foster care maintenance payments for youth;
- Additional funding and flexibilities provided under the John H. Chafee Foster Care Program for Successful Transition to Adulthood (Chafee program) and Education and Training Vouchers (ETV) Program;
- Supplemental funding for the MaryLee Allen Promoting Safe and Stable Families Program;
- Supplemental funding for the Court Improvement Program;
- Temporary enhanced funding for the title IV-E Prevention Services Program; and
- Adjustments to baselines used to calculate Funding Certainty Grants authorized by the Family First Transition Act.