The secretary shall issue a license to any applicant for social work licensure who demonstrates to the satisfaction of the secretary the following experience requirements:
- Graduation from a master's or doctorate social work educational program accredited by the council on social work education and approved by the secretary based upon nationally recognized standards
- Successful completion of an approved examination
- Successful completion of a supervised experience requirement
- Successful completion of continuing education requirements
The supervised experience requirement consists of a minimum of 4000 hours of experience, over a period of not less than three years, with supervision by an approved supervisor who has been licensed for at least two years.
Previously, distance supervision was limited to sixty supervision hours. Now the supervised experience hours required by this sub-section may be completed through distance learning.
- Removes the limitations on the number of supervised experience hours that a person pursuing a license as a social worker may complete through distance supervision.