Modifies language in RCW 74.62.030 and 43.185C.220 regarding “qualifying family members” to include:
- A victim’s spouse, children, parents, unmarried minor siblings when victim is under 21, and
- A victim’s spouse and children when the victim is 21 or older
This bill also clarifies definitions for “victim of human trafficking” to include noncitizens and certain qualifying family member, as well as the establishment of a food assistance program for victims of human trafficking as defined in RCW 74.04.005.
Updated on 4.12.19:
- Clarified that a victim of human trafficking is eligible for MCS if they are not eligible for Apple Health for Kids.
- Changed provisions relating to state family assistance and state food assistance to take effect August 1, 2020.
- Clarified the alleged victim's trafficker is not eligible as a qualifying family member.